The Board of Directors of the West Stanislaus Irrigation District set forth the following:
Stand-by: Must be paid annually to keep the land eligible to receive District water and is billed according to county assessor maps.
- Payment #1 Invoiced on 11/01: Due 12/20, 10-day grace period, 10% late fee if delinquent
- Payment #2 Invoiced on 05/01: Due 06/20, 10-day grace period, 5% late fee if delinquent
Minimum Water: Must be paid annually to keep the land eligible to receive District water. To ensure proper assessments, it is imperative that the Water User notifies the District January of the New Year to which parcels/acreage will be farmed.
- Payment #1 Invoiced on 02/01: Due 03/01 (or prior to first delivery of water, whichever comes first), 10-day grace period, 10% late fee if delinquent
- Payment #2 Invoiced on 05/01: Due 06/01 (unless more water than the minimum, as specified has been used before June 1st), 10-day grace period, 5% late fee if delinquent
Delivered Water: Charges for water delivered (in excess of minimum water) are due 30 days from date of invoice.
- Accounts not paid within 45 days of invoice date are considered delinquent.
- Should an account become delinquent, water deliveries will be held until the account is paid in full.
- Should an account become delinquent 2 times during any water year, the account will be placed in a “Pay-in-Full in Advance” status for the entire water year to follow (Two delinquent occurrences include two consecutive months of the same delinquency).
- Should an account become aged 90 days from the invoice date (60 days past due), a lien will be filed. A $300 lien placement fee will be assessed to the account and an additional fee of $300 will be assessed to release the lien once the delinquency is paid in full.
Drainage Fees: This charge is due annually because your parcel is enrolled in the Westside San Joaquin River Watershed Coalition (Coalition). Membership in this Coalition allows your parcel to be in compliance with the California State Water Resource Control Board’s (SWRCB’s) Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP). WSID works with the Coalition and with landowners to enroll District lands into this program. The per acre charge is billed according to county assessor maps.
- Invoiced on 03/01: Due 04/15 - Failure to pay these fees will result in cancellation of Coalition membership, subjecting you to possible regulatory fines and expensive compliance requirements by the Regional Board.
Returned Checks: The following policy applies for checks returned to the District.
- A fee will be charged in the amount of Fifty Dollars and 00/100 ($50.00) for each check returned.
- Water deliveries will be suspended until payment clears.
- Should an account have two returned checks within one year, a cashiers check will be required for future payments within the same year.